Trike Weight Shift Control Light Sport Aircraft

  • Homepage
  • >
  • Trike Weight Shift Control Light Sport Aircraft

“Weight-shift control light sport aircraft” is a bit of a mouthful to say! Which is probably why the guys that fly them just call them trikes. Well, at least we do in the United States. Europeans and Australians refer to them as microlights.

Many trike pilots, including myself, are also fixed-wing pilots, but we choose to fly trikes for the sheer fun of it. Not only are trikes fun to fly, but they also look pretty cool – often with a sleek composite body and an avionics suite. The look and feel of these aircraft have made them extremely popular in Europe and Australia, where they’re beginning to outnumber fixed-wing aircraft at some airports.

Here in the United States, interest in light sport trikes is growing.