Trike Weight Shift Control Light Sport Aircraft Rental

To save money, or perhaps have more flexibility, you may be able to rent a trike weight-shift control (WSC) light-sport aircraft (LSA) from a local flight school or fixed-base operation (FBO). However, there are now many available yet so buying a trike is the normal route.

You can also consider forming or joining a trike flying club…they are often quite inexpensive yet usually offer more flexibility than traditional rental situations. Often clubs are chartered to not make a profit so the overhead is low.

It is not uncommon or it may be may be required to have pilot “renters insurance” if you are going to rent aircraft.