I get asked a lot about Trike Weight Shift Control Aicraft ROTAX engine operations. Understanding the basic operation of the ROTAX will help you fly your trike safely and more trouble free. The features of the ROTAX engine over the typical aircraft engine is a light-weight, compact and modern design.
This is a result from the following advantages:
- Gearbox allowing higher engine RPM, smaller displacement, slower propeller speeds
- Liquid cooled heads provide efficient cooling
- Nicosil cylinder walls allow extremely durable lightweight aluminum cylinders
- Electronic dual ignition system is powered directly from engine, not a battery
- Remote oil tank for less frontal area and more efficient design