Top 10 Reasons
- You'll Become a Member of an Exclusive Family Called "Pilots"
- The Sense of Accomplishment You'll Feel
Not only will you feel it, but your family and friends will feel it too. It’s like no other feeling in the world. That feeling doesn’t go away either -so get used to it!
You’re immersed in new sensations while conquering exciting challenges, continuously learning, and building confidence. You perceive yourself differently, as far as what you know you can accomplish.
- You'll Gain the Confidence to do Just About Anything
Learning to fly exposes you to a lot of unforeseeable situations. But, in a good way. You might be expected to talk to Air Traffic Control as well as other pilots. You’ll be tasked with making decisions about whether to fly based on the weather and factors that could affect your personal safety and the safety of others. And then at some point, your instructor will kick you loose and say “Ok, you’re ready to fly on your own.”
These types of situations would make many people want to keep their feet firmly on the ground. But not you! You’ll overcome the fears and stresses and it’ll make you feel just about invincible.
- Flying Allows You to See and Feel Things in a Way That Others Never Will
- You'll Enjoy Instant Friendship with Other Pilots You Meet
- Endless Possibilities for Adventure
Not sure who said it first, but “A mile of road can take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere.”
This is so true. You’ll be able to see the world from a point of view others may only dream of. And you’ll get there in a lot less time. Explore new places. Learning to fly frees you to explore the world – The distance? Hey, that’s your decision.
- Now is the Best Time to Learn to Fly
- Flying Can Get More Difficult and Expensive as Time Passes
- Being a Pilot Can Help Your Career
- There's Nothing Else Like It. It's Just the Best!
Why Learn To Fly?
Why Do You Want To Learn To Fly?
Knowing your goal for learning to fly will help guide you along the path to the right certificate and all the rewards that flying has to offer.
- For Fun! Whether you want to just fly above and around your home airport or fly to a favorite destination for a long weekend, learning to fly expands your options for a whole lot of fun!
- Go Professional! Professional pilot careers cover a broad spectrum. This is a great place to start your exploration.
- Grow Your Business! Avoiding security lines, parking hassles, and the chaos of airline schedules are just a few of the benefits that private flying offers the busy entrepreneur. Discover the difference.
What Type Of Pilot License Is Right For You?
|What do you want to do?
|Certificate or Rating
|How much does it cost?
|How long will it take?
|Day flights in light-sport aircraft
|Fly personal or business, travel in clear weather
|Fly personal or business, travel in clear or cloudy weather
|Private certificate + $3,000
|Fly higher and faster in airplanes with two engines
|Private certificate + $3,000
|Get paid to fly
|Teach people to fly
|Commercial certificate + $2,000
|Be an airline captain
|Airline Transport Pilot
|Could be as low as $0, if training is paid by the airline
|6 Months to 4 years